- Be a leader in information and documentary resources relating to Water Management Cycle.
- Put at the service of the community the experience and knowledge accumulated by EMASESA over the years.
- Promote the efficient use of water, respect and protection of the environment and sustainable development.
- Promote the frequent publications of periodicals on research studies, debates and meetings on water and the environment.
- The centre has over 2.500 volumes on themes mainly related to water and the environment..
- Collections of specialised journals on water and the environment, hydraulic engineering and so on.
- Historical Cartography.
- Technical reports, talks and seminars on water and environmental themes.
- Emasesa’s own publications.
- Photographies and videos.
The Water Documentation Centre is a public entity with restricted access intended for the company’s own personnel and external users with certain profiles (professionals in the sector, teaching and research staff, University students, doctors, graduates) and to any other citizen that request prior authorisation from the centre manager.
The external user can register as a centre reader and show some form of identification (DNI, NIE, passport, entity card to which he belongs to) when making use of any of the services provided by the centre.
Recognition of the historical building where it is located
The Water Documentation Centre is located in the corporate headquarters of EMASESA that is set in the Monumental Set of the Third Frasciscan Order Convent and the Palace of Ponce de León of Seville.
This Monumental Set was renovated by EMASESA in order to established its headquarters there. It was awarded with the EUROPA NOSTRA prize for the preservation of the artistic historical heritage of Andalusia.
Specifically, the centre is located in the Former Third Order Convent that gave the city an interesting baroque convent architecture, of which the former convent is a clear example, highlighting the main cloister of protobaroque aesthetics built in the early 17th century and the majestic stairs with a large dome built by Fray Manuel Ramos between 1690 and 1697.
According to Diego Ortiz Zuñiga, noble of Seville and renown historian, the convent already had a famous library in its time.