The Quality Management System, in accordance with standard UNE-EN ISO 9001, has been implemented in EMASESA since 2004. The scope of the certificate currently covers the following processes:
- Capture, adduction, purification and water packaging for public consumption.
- Analytical control of drinking water, biological monitoring for waste water and control of discharges.
- Hiring, billing, collection and customer service for the water supply and sanitation.
- Energy production of hydraulic origin.
- Tests in cold water meters.
- Oversight of aquatic ecosystems.
- Maintenance on information and communication technologies.
This system also includes Water Quality Control Laboratories and the Water Meter Laboratory both accredited by ENAC, in accordance with the UNE-EN ISO 17025 and Control of Discharges Area, accredited by ENAC, in compliance with UNE-EN ISO 17020.
The Water Laboratories of EMASESA are certified by ENAC since 2003 as environmental testing laboratories in accordance with the standard UNE-EN ISO 17025:2005. The scope of this accreditation is the following (View scope):
- Physical-chemical and microbiological analyses of water (continental, consumption and waste).
- Sampling of water.
The Water Meter Laboratory of EMASESA is certified by ENAC since 2006 as cold water meters testing laboratory in accordance with the standard UNE-EN ISO 17025:2005. (View scope)
The Control of Discharges Area is certified by ENAC since 2008 as a C type inspection entity in order to carry out inspections in the Environmental field of Waste Water and the installations or control system in the field of water pollution, in compliance with UNE-EN ISO 17020:2004. (View scope)
AENOR, as a member of IQNet (Internacional Certificaction Network), issues together with their own registration certificates the IQNet, certification. It is a multinational and has high international recognition.
The obtention of this certification allows the members of the network to recognise the certificates given by AENOR to EMASESA.